With so many demands on the NHS, it can be difficult to receive a quick diagnosis and there are times when you just can’t afford to wait for an operation. That’s why our Health Cover policy could make all the difference. With waiting lists for NHS consultants and surgery growing, we can give you prompt access to a private hospital near you.
Our Health Cover policy provides faster access to a range of in-patient and day-patient treatments and operations, including a selection of heart and cancer treatments. You will have £1million cover available each policy year. In addition, it also provides for three minor operations carried out as out-patient treatment.
- Diagnostic tests to help find the cause of your symptoms
- Minor surgery for carpal tunnel decompression, joint injections, and excision and cauterisation procedures
- Diagnosis of heart and cancer conditions
- Private hospital in-patient and day-patient treatment
- Follow-up consultation within six months of covered treatment
- Follow-up therapies
- Medical appliances and prostheses
- Hospital accommodation
- Extensive range of heart and cancer treatments
Your excess options
Should you need to claim an excess is an optional amount that you can choose to pay towards the cost of treatment in any policy year. This can be beneficial if you want to keep down the price you pay for your private medical insurance. Your premiums will be lower the higher the excess you choose. Or you might decide that you would rather not pay an excess and that is one of our options too.
The three excess options are:
Private hospitals – extended list
You have a wide choice of hospitals you can use, depending on the premium you want to pay.
The standard hospitals option excludes treatments at the following UK private hospitals: please click here
The extended hospitals option includes treatment at any UK private hospital, including those hospitals listed in the above pop up. Your premium will be higher as a result.
You will choose either the standard hospitals option or extended hospitals option when you first take out a policy and you will be given the option to change your choice at each five-year renewal.
If you would like to know how much of a difference the excess and hospital options could make to your monthly premium, please contact us for a personalised quote.
Here at National Friendly we’re committed to making things as easy as possible. If you would like to take out our Health Cover, please follow the steps below.
Download information Pack
The pack contains all the information you need to know before taking out a policy. In particular, please ensure you read the Policy Summary which contains important information to help you decide if this policy is right for you.
Please note: To read or print a PDF file, you must have the Adobe Acrobat® Reader installed: Download Adobe Acrobat
If you have any questions, wish to apply over the phone or request an application by email or post please call us on 0333 014 6244
Alternatively there are lots of ways you can get in touch with us. Click on the button below and select the one that suits you best.
- Cromwell Hospital, London;
- The London Clinic;
- Harley Street at UCH, London;
- Harley Street Clinic, London;
- King Edward VII’s Hospital – Sister Agnes, London;
- Lister Hospital, London;
- London Bridge Hospital, London;
- Portland Hospital for Women and Children, London;
- Princess Grace Hospital, London;
- Wellington Hospital, London.